We at Nissin Corporation. consider protecting Personal Information provided by our customers in the course of undertaking our business as one of the most important responsibilities which requires largest managerial consideration, as we are making every effort to obtain the reliance of our customers, by offering high quality logistics service throughout the world.
- In addition to complying with all laws, regulations and ordinances related to the protection of Personal Information, we adopt and implement practices for the appropriate handling of Personal Information.
- We establish clear internal regulations regarding the handling of Personal Information and make these regulations known to all our employees. In addition, we require our business partners and contractors to handle all Personal Information in an appropriate manner.
- Upon acquiring any Personal Information, we will specify the purpose for which that information will be used, make a notification or public announcement of that purpose, and only deal with the Personal Information within the scope of that specified purpose.
- We will establish the necessary measures and engage in the appropriate supervision to prevent any disclosure or loss of, or tampering with, any Personal Information.
- If we receive a request from any customer in relation to whom we have custody of Personal Information, to disclose, correct, delete or discontinue using that information, we will respond accordingly in good faith.
Purpose of Use of Personal Information
We acquire and use Personal Information of our customers in the course of undertaking our business as below for one or more of the following purposes. We will acquire separate consent from the individual customers for the purpose of use other than the following.
Purpose of Use
- To carry out transportation, delivery, storage and handling and customs clearance of cargos, commodities and household goods safely and securely.
- To verify the identity at the delivery of cargos, commodities and household goods.
- To contact and reply to the inquiries or quotation requests from customers.
- Cargo Transportation by Truck
- Harbor Transportation
- Customs Brokerage
- Non-Actual Transportation by Vessel
- Non-Actual Transportation by Aircraft
- Non-Actual Transportation by Railway
- Household Moving
- Air Freight Agencies
- Shipping Agencies
- Longshoremen Dispatching Service
Disclosure and Provision of Personal Information Data to Third Parties
We will not disclose or provide Personal Information Data to any third parties, except for provision to our business partners and contractors in order to achieve the Purpose of Use or any of following circumstances.
- Customer consent has been obtained.
- Data or information is provided in a format that does not disclose identity, as in statistical data.
- Disclosure is required by laws or regulations.
- Disclosure is required to protect a person’s life, body or property in case where obtaining customer consent is difficult.
- Disclosure is required to improve the public health or to promote the sound growth of children in case where obtaining customer consent is difficult.
- Disclosure is required to cooperate with the public affairs of national or local governments, and where obtaining customer consent is likely to hinder the administration of public affairs.
Disclosure, correction, deletion and discontinuance of Personal Information Data
If requested by a customer for the disclosure of the Personal Information Data of the customer held by us, we will reply within a reasonable period and to a reasonable extent, after verification of identity of the customer.
2. Correction and Deletion
If requested by a customer for the correction, addition and deletion of the Personal Information Data of the customer held by us, we will undertake the correction, addition and deletion within a reasonable period and to a reasonable extent, after verification of identity of the customer, in case where such data is not in accordance with fact.
3. Discontinuance and Erasure
If requested by a customer for the discontinuance and erasure of the Personal Information Data of the customer held by us, we will undertake the discontinuance and erasure within a reasonable period and to a reasonable extent, after verification of identity of the customer.
However, we remind customers that such discontinuance and erasure may impede the provision of our services to the customer, despite our best intentions.
A request for the discontinuance and erasure may be rejected in case where holding of Information is based on laws or regulations.
4. Procedure and Information Desk for Disclosure etc
All requests concerning Personal Information Data as set forth in clauses 1, 2 or 3 above or other inquiries concerning Personal Information shall be handled as follows.
Please note that any requests not consistent with the following procedures may be rejected.
Customer may contact by mail. We will inform the customer of the detail of the procedure upon request. However, we will reply in writing after verification of the identity of the customer in person or by proxy as set forth below. Depending on the request, Customer may be requested to submit prescribed application form.
NISSIN TRANSPORTATION & WAREHOUSING (H.K.) LTD. email@example.com
《Verification of Identity》
For customer in person, we will verify the identity by following method.
- Verification with various certificates, e.g. driver’s license, passport, ID.
- Callback procedure to the phone number of the customer registered to us.
- Inquiring of information of the customer registered to us.
NISSIN TRANSPORTATION & WAREHOUSING (H.K.) LTD.